Tourism Day – Best of BC
Happy Tourism Day! Looking for fun things to do this weekend? Here is a roundup of our top favourite BC destinations:
· Okanagan – For the ultimate wine-lover, make an escape to Oliver and enjoy guided wine tours and tastings at our favourite Tinhorn Creek Vineyards on the famed Golden Mile and Le Vieux Pin Winery, on the Black Sage Bench, or pay a visit to LaStella Winery situated on the shores of the stunning Osoyoos Lake.
· Whistler – One thing we love about Whistler the most is that it really is a great destination year-round. From scenic hikes, bike rides and paddle boarding in the spring and summer seasons to skiing / snowboarding in the winter season (and of course wining and dining at the many restaurants and bars that there are to offer), Whistler is one of BC’s most hip and happening places. Our favourite place to stay is Nita Lake Lodge for the relaxing oasis and great packages and amenities.
· Victoria – Make a fun weekend escape to Magnolia Hotel & Spa in the heart of downtown Victoria. Just steps away from the picturesque Inner Harbour and the city’s best restaurants, shops and entertainment; Magnolia is among downtown’s most alluring places for a retreat during your Victoria stay.
· Vancouver – Join the Rosewood Hotel Georgia next Thursday for Building an Artistic Community, a celebration of art with esteemed artist Patrick Hughes, Canadian Artists Landon Mackenzie and Christos Dikeakos and Vancouver Art Gallery Senior Curator Bruce Grenville, for a lively panel discussion moderated by Todd Towers of Farmboy Fine Arts. For tickets, visit: http://buildinganartisticcommunity.eventbrite.ca.
· Kicking Horse – With winter season fast-approaching us, Kicking Horse is the official champagne powder capital of Canada and is the perfect holiday retreat for family and friends with a brand new family learning facilitate for winter 2012. Stay mountainside with Bellstar Hotels and Resorts three alpine lodge properties: Glacier Mountaineer Lodge, Aspens and Palliser Lodge.