Magnolia Hotel & Spa Offers Festive Fun This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of holly… Christmas is coming to Victoria and Magnolia Hotel & Spa is celebrating with the unveiling of their lobby decorations and the launch of their special Christmas package.
Recently named number three in the 2014 Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers Choice Best Hotels in Western Canada, Magnolia Hotel & Spa is celebrating with a Victorian Christmas in BC’s most beautiful city. Starting at just $179 per night, the Christmas package includes a special gift of a $25 hotel voucher each day to use towards in-room dining, Spa Magnolia, Catalano Restaurant, mini-bar or parking.
Get in the festive spirit with hot mulled apple cider and seasonal treats in the lobby, and a hot chocolate & Bailey’s night cap. Complimentary cicchetti, or small bites, will be served in Catalano’s lounge on December 22-26 from 4pm-6pm.
“Christmas is a magical time in Victoria,” says Bill Lewis, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel & Spa. “We like to add our own sparkle to the season with special treats in the lobby and plenty of festive spirit throughout the hotel.”
Magnolia Hotel & Spa, just steps from the Inner Harbour, is perfectly located for Christmas shopping. Wander along Government Street to find the perfect Christmas gift, or treat yourself to a souvenir. Specialty stores selling handmade native art, jewellery and fashion, and a major shopping centre all call this iconic street home. Continue on to Yates and Johnson Streets: Lower Johnson (or LoJo) is arguably the city’s trendiest street and is home to a number of local artisans and numerous men’s and women’s fashion boutiques.
Feel the festive spirit at these Christmas celebrations in the city:
- November 26 – Sip on hot cocoa and watch the Christmas tree on the lawn of the Parliament Buildings be illuminated with thousands of lights.
- November 29 – Head to Centennial Square to see the city’s large Christmas tree light up for the season and look out for the Santa Light Parade between 5.45pm and 7pm.
- November 29 until December 21 – Enjoy the Centennial Square Ferris Wheel every Friday. Saturday and Sunday before Christmas and fly 20m into the sky for a bird’s eye view of the lights of Victoria. Every weekend until December 21 visitors can also enjoy free horse-drawn trolley rides around downtown to take in the sights and sounds of the Christmas celebrations.
- December 1 until January 6 – Experience the Magic of Christmas at Butchart Gardens, with their 12 Days of Christmas themed illuminations, carol singing and ice skating at the gardens.
- December 5-7 – Join the Sugar Plum Fairy, Clara and the Nutcracker Prince for a classic holiday ballet.
- December 6 – Meet Father Christmas every weekend until December 22 at the Royal BC Museum: he can be found in the decorated street in the Old Town Gallery.
- December 12-14 – Sing carols with the Victoria Symphony and experience Dickens’ A Christmas Carol in a special version for orchestra and actor.
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa Christmas package must be booked by December 30, 2014 for stays November 20, 2014 – January 4, 2015 (not valid for December 31, 2014). For more details or to book your stay, contact Magnolia Hotel & Spa at 1-877-624-6654 or visit www.magnoliahotel.com.